Millbrook is a successful, popular primary school on the western outskirts of High Wycombe. We are looking to appoint a Child Protection and Early Help Officer. The school is entering an exciting period of development as we grow and adapt to keep one step ahead of the changing early help landscape.
The post holder at Millbrook will play a key role in safeguarding children, making early help assessments and providing practical support for vulnerable families.
You will join a highly motivated and successful pastoral team focused on improving student well-being, attendance and punctuality, as well as addressing safeguarding concerns and improving access to educational opportunities. Experience of working with other agencies and within an education or welfare/social care setting is essential.
The core responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing specialist input into safeguarding casework and procedures in order to keep children safe in education.
- Developing processes, systems and support programmes that underpin effective safeguarding
- Delivering support approaches that builds resilience in students, families and staff
- Building strong working relationships with external agencies and partner organisations to strengthen safeguarding, early help and family support
- Keeping abreast of new initiatives in safeguarding, early help and family support both at local and national level.
In return Millbrook can offer you:
- Amazing pupils who will surprise you with their appetite for learning every day
- A warm welcome and a supportive, friendly environment
- An extended school community from age 0 to 100+!
- Professional development to enhance and further your existing skills and expertise
- An opportunity to take on new challenges as you contribute to the strategic development of the school
For further information please contact the headteacher.
Please contact the school office by telephone (01494 524791) or email email@example.com to arrange to discuss the role with the headteacher. Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged to ensure prospective candidates have a full understanding of the complexity of the school and its businesses.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, Wednesday 19th June 2019
Interview date: w/c 24th June 2019
Millbrook Combined School has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS and qualifications check. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of cultures and all sections of our community.