Nursery Teacher Job Vacancy
Part-time; 5 mornings per week or 5 afternoons per week
Start date: 1st September 2018
Are you looking for your first teaching post?
Do you want to return to teaching but cannot commit to full time?
Are you looking for an opportunity to step away from full time class teaching?
Are you just looking for something a bit different?
If you can answer yes to any of these questions, we’ve just the job for you!
Millbrook Combined is a successful primary school with a strong reputation in both the local community and wider educational environment. The school is expanding to three forms of entry and this process will be completed in September 2021. The building development programme to facilitate this is due to end this August.
As a nursery teacher at Millbrook you will be responsible for leading the learning and development of 39 three and four year olds in either the morning or afternoon nursery. You will be working alongside one of our Foundation Stage teachers. Each phase of the school is led by an Assistant Headteacher who will be able to provide support and professional coaching. There will be opportunities to co-ordinate a curriculum subject or cross curricular theme.
For further information please refer to the job description and person specification.
Please contact the school office by telephone (01494 524791) or email (email@example.com) to arrange to discuss the role with the headteacher. Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged.
Completed applications should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Midday, Friday 6th July 2018
Interview date: week beginning Monday 9th July 2018
Millbrook Combined School has a responsibility for and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and for ensuring that they are protected from harm. The post is subject to an enhanced DBS and qualifications check. We welcome applicants from a diverse range of cultures and all sections of our community.
Class Teacher – Person Specification
The school is seeking to appoint a person with the following attributes:
Qualifications / Training / Experience.
- Qualified teacher status
- Relevant training or experience within the primary age range
- Relevant qualifications, training or experience in the National Curriculum
Professional Knowledge and Skills
- A secure knowledge and understanding of the National Curriculum and primary strategy.
- The ability to plan effectively.
- High expectations of pupils’ work and behaviour.
- Good classroom organisation and management.
- Possess good teaching skills/techniques.
- An ability to establish constructive working relationships with pupils, staff and parents.
- A clear working knowledge of assessment for learning.
- Good IT skills and the ability to apply these to support teaching and learning.
- Able to work as part of a team in curriculum planning and evaluation.
Philosophy and Values
- A firm commitment to raising standards and providing a quality education for all pupils.
- An awareness and commitment to the needs of EAL and SEN pupils.
- A positive attitude to educational change, development and improvement.
- A commitment to continuous professional development/INSET.
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Flexibility, resilience and imagination
- A sense of humour.