The main Mill End Road school building was constructed in 1936 and was called Mill End Secondary School. Originally the north side of the building was for girls and the south side was for boys.
In 1973, the school became Sands County Middle School for pupils between 8 and 12 years old.
However in September 1998, a change in the age of secondary school transfer meant that the school became a Junior School, with pupils aged 7-11.
School Staff (1947)
During September 1999, the amalgamation of Sands Junior, Sands First School and Green Street First saw the formation of a brand new school, Millbrook Combined School, on the site of Sands Junior.
Use the links below to view old school artefacts and photographs and to read interviews with former pupils.
Click on an artefact description below to view the artefact.
- Old School Tie (circa 1953)
- School Exercise Book (circa 1953)
- School Magazine (The Griffon) Front Page (circa 1952)
- School Magazine (The Griffon) Back Page (circa 1952)
- Green Street First Centenary Celebration Flier (1996)
- Sands First “Scannappeal” Newspaper Cutting (1992)
Click on a photograph description below to view the photograph in a new window
- Millbrook Combined School Staff Photo (2001)
- Cricket Team (Bucks Champions, Wrigley’s Championships, 1999)
- Cricket Team (Bucks Representatives, Wrigley’s Championships, 1999)
- Cricket Team (1999)
- Girls Netball Team (1999)
- Sands Middle School Staff Photo (1990)
- Whole School Photograph (1984)
- Mill End Secondary School Male Staff Photo (1964)
- School Cricket Team (Circa 1963)
- Boys Class Photo (Circa 1961)
- Boys PE Class (Circa 1961)
- Boys Class Photo (Circa 1960)
- Whole School Trip (Port of London, King George V Docks, July 2nd 1952)
- Mill End Secondary School Staff Photo (1947)
- Building of the School (Circa 1935)
- Mill End Ford (Bottom of Hill Leading to West Wycombe Road)
- View of Wasteland Before Building of School
- View of Mill End Road from Gallows Lane (Before Building of the School)
Click on a name below to read an interview with a person who used to attend our School.
If you are a former member of our school and have stories to tell, or if you know somebody who went to our school, please contact us.
Please remember you do not have to be older to be interviewed! Even if you only left the school a few years ago, we would still love to hear from you!!
Please remember you do not have to be older to help with these pages. Even if you only left the school a few years ago, we still want to hear about your experiences.